Main Article Content
The article of this research was to be Research and Development. The objectives of this 1) study to be condition, context, tourism management model, 2) developing model and 3) presenting A Model of Tourism Management in Sustainable and Peaceful Way of Wat Baan Khayung. The tools are questionnaire, processing of in-depth interview, holding of training and participatory observation by enquiring ones who are responsible for tourism, and patrons of tourism management, totaling 364 sampling people, collecting quantitative information by processing of computer program, statistic used to be frequency, percentage, mean, standard deviation, T-value; and analyzing qualitative information by using content analysis.
The results of this research found that 1) Wat Baan Khayung had the resource cost in diversity of tourism management, not luxurious but motivate for tourism; the tourism management emphasizes the rise of inner peace by cultivating virtue to tourists. 2) The development on tourism management model in sustainable and peaceful way has got “PLOWPLEU’S Model” with 8 sub-components of (1) The places of tourism were developed with participation, (2) learning and developing tourism management skill, (3) The operation that promote tourism with continuance, (4) wariness of unethical tourism, (5) pleasant ways of pursuing virtue from tourism, (6) long term benefits of sustainable tourism, (7) education in tourism with learning activities under the Threefold Learning, and (8) uniquely picking and choosing identity of tourist attraction for remembrance. 3) The result of presenting Tourism Management in Sustainable and Peaceful Way Model was via the holding of training meeting and evaluating knowledge of the targeted group; it was found from the comparison of the targeted-group meeting outcome, the scores before and after the meeting were significantly different in statistic at the level of .01; and satisfaction of the 2 targeted groups of involving people with tourism management and Thai tourists towards the development of Tourism Management in Sustainable and Peaceful Way was in high level.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Views and opinions expressed in the articles published by The Journal of MCU Peace Studies, are of responsibility by such authors but not the editors and do not necessarily reflect those of the editors.
Department of Public Assistance of the Sangha Supreme Council of Thailand. (2019). Strategic Planning and Practicing Guidelines: Project of Temples, People, and Government to Create Happiness 2018-2022. Nonthaburi: Nitidham Printing.
Department of Religious Affairs, Ministry of Culture. (2016). Paying Respect to Buddha Images 10 Temples for Continuing Prosperity of 10 Reigns. Department of Religious Affairs.
Kamales, N. (2019). Leaders with Managing Cultural Diversity and Communication. Asia Pacific Journal of Religions and Cultures, 3(1), 63-72.
Khamdee, K. (2015). Temples and Religious Places in Tourism Dimension. Journal of Language, Religion and Culture, 4(2), 175-191.
Krejcie, & Morgan. (1970). Referred in Prasopchai Pasunun. (2014). Sample Specifying According to Krejcie & Morgan in Quantity Research. Journal of Applied Academic Arts. 7(2).
Kyaing, W. (2019). The Buddhist Cultural Remains of Sri Ksetra. Asia Pacific Journal of Religions and Cultures, 3(2), 49-64.
Lao-aruen, P. (2019). Tai Yai Buddhist Altar: Ethics and Customs of Tai Yai People in Mae Sai District, Chiang Rai Province. Journal of MCU Buddhapanya Review, 4(3), 299-314.
Neadpucdee, R. (2019). The Effect of Telling Jataka Tales In Inculcating Gharavasa-Dhama 4 To Early-Childhood Children In Child Development Centers Of Local Administrative Organizations, Khonkaen Province. Saeng Isan Academic Journal, 16(2), 620-630.
Ngamwittayapong O. et. al. (2017). Strategies to Renovate Temples Bringing back Dhamma Leading Towns. Bangkok: Asomsilp Institution.
Nyani, Y. (2018). Buddhist Cardinal Principles for Peace and Harmony. Journal of MCU Buddhapanya Review, 3(1), 19-29.
Office of National Buddhism. (2019). Retrieved February, 12, 1019 from Information of Wat.
Phramaha Hansa Dhammahaso. (2011). Buddhist Peaceful Means: Integration of Principles and Tools to Manage Conflict. Bangkok: 21st Century.
Secretary Office of National Strategic Committee Office of the National Economic and Social Development Council. (2018). Draft of National Strategies Presenting National Legislative Assembly of Thailand. Retrieved September 15, 2018 from
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Phrakhru pariyatrattananuyut, Uthai Satiman, Buddha Dhamma on Reducing Inequality in Thai Society , Journal of MCU Buddhapanya Review: Vol. 2 No. 1 (2017)
- Khantong Wattanapradith, MaesheeSuda Rojjanauthai, MaesheeSuda Rojjanauthai, Chaninya Chaisuwan, Buddhist Innovation Drug enforcement for Children and Youth through Community Participation , Journal of MCU Peace Studies: Vol. 8 No. 3 (2020): May - June
- PhraThawatchai Anamayo, Uthai Satiman, The Enhancing the Social Relationship of Ethnic Groups According to the Aparihaniyadhamma in Wang-kajae Community Chai-yok District, Kanchanaburi Province , Journal of MCU Buddhapanya Review: Vol. 1 No. 2 (2016)
- Apichart Kulpongwanich, Khantong Wattanapradith, Banjob Bannaruji, Employee Engagement on Peace Innovation in Promoting Environmental Preservation at Taokaenoi Food and Marketing Public Company Limited , Journal of MCU Peace Studies: Vol. 7 No. 5 (2019): September - October
- Kachaporn Kumsonta, Phra Rajapariyatkavi Somjin, Khantong Wattanapradith, A Model of Dispute Resolution of Thai Sangha by Buddhist Peaceful Means , Journal of MCU Peace Studies: Vol. 7 No. sup (2019): Vol. 7 Supplemental Issue
- Phra Praphansak Dhĩradhammo, Uthai Satiman, The Implementation of the Five Precepts in Daily Life to Promote Ethics of Students in Nongkhae Secondary School (Sorakitpittaya), Saraburi Province , Journal of MCU Buddhapanya Review: Vol. 1 No. 3 (2016)